The purpose of this website is to provide our patients, referrers, customers, and the general public with trusted information and functional online tools to deliver an efficient and professional service.
We are committed to best practice in relation to the management of information we collect. We have developed a policy to protect privacy which is in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Commissioner, and the AMA Privacy and Health Record Resource Handbook.
We respect and protect the privacy of our users. Accordingly, our policy is to inform you of:
- the kinds of personal information that we collect and hold;
- how we collect personal information;
- how we hold and protect personal information;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
- how you may access your personal information and seek the correction of that information;
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how we will deal with such a complaint;
- whether we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients;
- web analytics;
- updates to the policy;
- how you can contact us with privacy concerns.
1) What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The type of information we may collect and hold includes personal information about:
- Your name, address, date of birth, email, and contact details;
- Medicare number;
- Private health insurance details;
- Your health information and other sensitive information.
2) How do we collect personal information?
We will generally collect personal information from:
- you directly when you provide your details to us in person at your appointment, by telephone, by email, or via our secure online website forms;
- a person responsible for you; or
- third parties where the Privacy Act or other law allows it.
3) How do we hold and protect personal information?
This online service is hosted in Australia in secure facilities. To help protect the privacy of data and personal information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards:
- We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis.
- Any personal details submitted via the Site will only be used for the purpose for which they are provided. We will not use your personal details for any other purpose and will not disclose them to other parties, without your consent.
- Information provided via online forms may be stored in secure electronic databases.
- Your email address will be recorded if you send a message. Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
- No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your information and comply with our legal obligations.
We train our employees about the importance of the requirements of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information:
- Access to your Personal Information is restricted to employees who need it to provide benefits or services to you.
- We take reasonable steps to protect information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
4) Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
In general, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide health services to you;
- to communicate with you;
- to comply with our legal obligations which may include mandatory notification of communicable diseases;
- to help us manage our accounts and administrative services.
5) How can you access and correct personal information?
- Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to and/or correction of the personal information which we hold about you if you find that it is not accurate, up-to-date or complete.
- To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need evidence of your identity before we can grant you access to information about you or change it.
- If a fee is charged for providing access, you will be advised of the cost in advance.
- Should you wish to make an enquiry about your personal information please contact email@example.com .
6) How can you make a privacy related complaint?
If you have any questions or complaints about privacy-related issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 9334 0750.
Complaints will be investigated by our Management Team and you will be contacted in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made.
7) Are we likely to disclose your personal information overseas?
We may disclose your personal information to the following overseas recipients:
- any practice or individual who assist us in providing services (such as where you have come from overseas and had your health record transferred from overseas or have treatment continuing from an overseas provider);
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it; and
- anyone else where authorised by law.
8) Web analytics
- Our website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites.
9) Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and other necessary developments.
10) Contact us